Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What next?

I don't even know what to say about South Dakota. The "compassionate conservatives" are so compassionate that they would endanger women's lives. Not to mention force rape and incest victims to bear understandably unwanted children. They already have demonstrated their "compassion" toward gays. Who will be next? And how will they feel when these issues begin affecting their lives?

Will we have our perfect "culture of life" when they get their ultimate wish and Roe v. Wade is overturned and women once again die in back alleys? Two deaths for the price of one?

This country has enough problems without stripping away the right to choose. We should be dealing with poverty and health care, the environment and economy, putting a stop to the killing of U.S. soldiers and Iraqi citizens. When did priorities get so horribly out of whack?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all started with god.

Ann said...

Yes, this has been really upsetting to me. A friend and I are talking about getting more involved--probably with planned parenthood. i can't just sit here and complain anymore ... I want to do something.

Anonymous said...

a-men sister, you tell it......