Many of the moves are the same (grapevine, chasse, kick ball change, jazz square, pendulum lift), so I was able to get back in the swing without much difficulty. They've added bits and pieces from pilates and kickboxing, but mostly it's all about dancing and a way to bring out my inner Jennifer Beals (or at least her "Flashdance" double).
One-hit wondering, Part 2
OK, not to beat a dead horse, but I have been obsessed in the past week with a song I hadn't heard in years. It came on the radio (oldies station; for some reason, despite being a big city, Denver is lacking in good, current radio), and I started singing along and haven't been able to get it out of my head. It was on "Believe in Music" (one of my favorite K-tel albums, along with "Sound Explosion" and "The Beat," which helped put me on the path to new wave). Go here to hear "Beautiful Sunday."And what is up with this guy? He looks like a lecherous uncle of the Bay City Rollers. (Don't even get me started on the perv that Roller Derek Longmuir turned out to become!)

2 comments:
Well, I've been trying pilates to get into swimsuit condition (well, also so I can fit into the clothes I already own, too). For something that has so little range of movement it is really kicking my butt and I haven't quite figure out how to kick the lack of motivation problem. -- LEAH
I love pilates; had a great instructor at the Y in Salem. Occasionally we even did pilates in the park outside the Capitol. Kicking lack of motivation is hard. I think I definitely have turned that corner with Jazzercise. I've only just started, but I count the days until my next class. I went five days in a row last week. Hopefully I won't get burned out on it like I do with most everything else I get involved in.
Post a Comment