
I don't want everyone to think the blog will be about dogs from here on out. I just don't have anything to write about at the moment, and my cousin Lynyrd said she was breathlessly awaiting a new post. (OK, "breathlessly" is my embellishment.) Anyway, these photos are from a couple of weeks ago, for the dogs' Valentine's Chihuahua meetup. Michael and I were smitten with this tiny puppy, Poquita. She couldn't have weighed more than 2 pounds.

The dogs made out like bandits on their Valentine's haul. It was just like elementary school -- every dog got a bag with his/her name, plus Valentine's cards and treats. We gave each dog (there were 22 in all) one little organic dog biscuit; 95 percent of the people went all out, giving multiple treats -- some even gave Greenies, which are not cheap, and fancy-schmancy gourmet dog cookies. At top, Angus checks out the goods after arriving home; below that, you get an idea of Angus' size compared with the tiny Chi's. This one, Xena, is a "blue" Chihuahua.

Clockwise from top left, another shot of Xena; a woman holding Chi's as she fills the treat bags; yet-another dolled-up Chi. If you think we are obsessed with our dogs, you should meet some of these people.
***
OK, that's all I've got for now. We haven't done anything fun or interesting lately to write about. Gimme ideas!

No comments:
Post a Comment