Sunday, August 12, 2007

Thrift score

I always intend to post photos after I go thrifting but then never get around to it. After way too much time having passed since my last outing, I finally hit some shops in the past couple of weeks. Denver has lots of thrift stores, though the ones nearest us are fairly picked over, so I have to drive out a bit farther for the better ones. I usually have the best luck at Savers.

Among the recent finds, clockwise from top left:

  • Vintage bathing suit bag by Henry Seligman New York, complete with inner plastic liner. ($1.99)

  • Vintage beaded purse designed by Roger Van S, Hong Kong. ($1.99)

  • Hard Rock Cafe Louisville shirt, as I couldn't pass up a chance to give props to home, even though I've never been to any Hard Rock anywhere. I did have to alter the collar to make it more wearer-friendly; it had a typical T-shirt collar and was too tight. ($2.99)

  • I (heart) Carbs shirt. I thought I was so smart wearing it, then watched an episode of MythBusters the very same night and found one of the female assistants wearing the exact same shirt, though hers had an even better color scheme. I hate her! ($2.99)

  • 3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I have been to the Hard Rock in Amsterdam, the T-shirt from that one said, "Come in high, leave stoned". I did not get one, who is stupid you ask, well, that would be me I say.

    AnnieL said...

    Remember that fabulous dress you found when we were shopping at Goodwill one time? I still have it (though it shrunk in the closet!).
    Also, remember that time we were at St. Vincent dePaul and the girl asked me if I qualified for the senior citizen's discount (me, age 37)???!!! You just laughed and laughed....

    Little Ginger said...

    I don't remember laughing. If I did, I must have been a huge jerk. The way I remember it, I was an understanding friend who told you there was no way you looked like a senior citizen! Michael apparently got us a discount on senior day at Ross Dress for Less since we moved here. The woman made some remark about his gray hair. At this point, I will take the discount!