Oatmeal with goji berries & rose hips! I have been addicted to this in the past week, and it's so much more filling than cold cereal.Neighbor Cristine & I had another free class at Apothecary Tinctura, and the instructor gave us the recipe, though I've modified it to fit my own tastes.
I cook the oats in soymilk, then add the goji berries and rose hips near the end of cooking.
When it's finished, I sprinkle on ground flaxseed, cinnamon and Lavender Violet Vanilla Bean Sugar from my & Michael's favorite Denver shop, Savory Spice. If you ever visit us, we will take you there. No one understands why we are so high on a spice shop until they experience it for themselves.
Oh, and sometimes I add walnuts for extra protein and antioxidants.
Yum!!!!!

4 comments:
Yummy. I may have to try that.
I have been also addicted to oatmeal for the last few years. I like it with dried blueberries or cranberries and walnuts or pecans and sprinkle with Savory Spice cinnamon. I really want a treat I add brown sugar. Ususally I put some oatmeal in bowl, just cover with water and place in 'fridge and scoop it out and zap in microwave as needed for the week. What are goji berries? Becky
Hippies!
I like goji berries raw and cooked. They look kind of like bigger, bright-red raisins when cooked. They were big in ancient Chinese medicine and have become popular recently (apparently) for their antioxidant qualities.
Curt, I believe I have seen pix of you in tie-dye and with crazy-long hair. So there.
Post a Comment