Thursday, September 20, 2007

Memory lane


While my sister-in-law and I were exploring her Vancouver, Wash., neighborhood earlier this month, we came across a shop that sells pretty much nothing but sodas. I didn't find any Kentucky-made Ale-8-1, but it did sell Pop Shoppe products, which I hadn't seen since I was a kid. Back then, there was an entire store of nothing but their products, and you'd fill up a crate with various flavors, then return the empty bottles when you went for a new supply.

This shop had only a few flavors. I couldn't resist the frighteningly non-naturally colored red cream soda and got Michael a lime. The cream soda seemed to be as good as I remembered but was way too sweet. I'm sure it was just as sweet in the '70s, but seeing as how I lived on junk food back then, it was right up my alley at the time.

No comments: