Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

One of the highlights of the Denver holiday season is the over-the-top (some would probably say tacky, but I love it -- surprise!) lighted City-County Building.

Michael, the dogs and I spent the morning opening presents and watching neighbor Grayson (who's almost 2) tear into his. Soyrizo sausage gravy & biscuits for breakfast. Now I'm preparing to make my first-ever persimmon pudding. It's a family tradition, but I've never made one before. One of my lifetime favorites. Let's hope the altitude/my inexperience don't screw it up. Normally I would use fake butter and soymilk for baking but decided I'd better play it safe, at least with the first one. Mom had enough frozen persimmon pulp shipped to me from an orchard in Indiana to make three puddings.

For dinner, we have three couples and their kids coming over. On the menu? Why, Thai takeout, of course! No cooking on this holiday! Woo-hoo!

Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Kitt said...

I've never heard of persimmon pudding. How did it turn out?