Friday, December 22, 2006

Snow!


Well, I hate to say that the camera is in the shop for a FOURTH time (if Canon doesn't get it right this time, we buy another one and NOT a Canon), so luckily our friend Barry, who lives half a block away, got some great shots of the snowstorm. The photo above is outside our place, and that's our Toyota buried in there somewhere. That's on Thursday, after two days of snow (we got about 2 feet altogether).

I took some photos with the camera phone and may post a few, but the quality is not fabulous. In the meantime, go to ETTETT to see more snow pics of Denver and Capitol Hill, our neighborhood, in particular.

And I couldn't agree with Barry more. The snow turns people into fabulous human beings. Everyone seems genuinely happy walking in the snow-covered streets, helping each other dig out cars, sharing snow shovels. I have to tell you, I don't think I would ever miss car traffic. Everything is so peaceful in the snow with few cars on the road. Michael and I love living in a pedestrian-friendly neighborhood. The snow hasn't affected us as much as most, simply because we can walk to all the crucial spots, including work.

1 comment:

rattrap said...

Despite the inconvenience, I am envious of the peacefulness of the snow. Thanks for posting the photo.