Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Good day for a blog entry

I don't envision doing a whole lot else today. We heard yesterday that 4-8 inches of snow was expected today, but we didn't expect to wake up to blizzard conditions. I walked one block to our Wild Oats and was exhausted by the time I got there because of the already-deep snow -- I'd guess we're at 8 at least, with no sign of it stopping anytime soon. The latest forecast is for 12-14 today, with an additional 10-12 tomorrow.

Michael & I both have today off but were picturing walking 25 minutes (longer in this much snow, I'm sure) to work tomorrow. I told him I doubted I would get more than a few blocks before collapsing or needing to rest. The museum's closed today and we're guessing it will be tomorrow, so at least one of us will get a snow day.

I had to suit up to force the dogs outside to potty. They both sunk right into the snow.

All I can say is I'm glad I'm done Christmas shopping & shipping gifts!

No comments: