In the weird-compliment category, I was just walking the dogs, and a guy said, "Ma'am, you're not just pretty in pink [I was wearing a pink fleece], you're absolutely gorgeous." I said thanks. "Don't thank me, thank him," he said, pointing heavenward. "Thank the big-spirit guy."
Ah, just another day of life in the city.
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Boo-Hoo. I never get credit for anything!
Thats is a very nice compliment, and a well deserved one I must say. The last time I got a compliment, it was one of those "back-handed" compliments. A co-worker recently, unexpectantly, passed away after an automobile accident. I went to the services to pay my respects, but only knowing her from work, I did not know many people there. I left after the services and was standing around in the parking lot waiting for everyone to come out and the procession to start to travel to the burial site. While I was waitimg, a couple waltzed by and asked me if I knew where to line up, I said no, I was waiting for that myself. The guy kind of smiled and said I was dressed so nice that he thought I worked there. So, I kinda took that as a compliment, but a weird one.......dress so nice I could work at a funeral home.....
Post a Comment