


I love a parade! Especially when it's in the middle of a sunny, mild day, five minutes from home and involves cattle and sheep running through the downtown streets. We got just such a parade Tuesday as part of the events surrounding the 100th National Western Stock Show, which is a huge deal in Denver.
The parade highlights were the longhorn and the sheep-herding border collies. Oh, and the rodeo queens and princesses, who wear getups to die for. There was also a tiny covered wagon pulled by two shetland sheepdogs. Talk about cute overload!

4 comments:
Sunny and mild?! You must be thrilled you're not in Oregon. We have had something like twice as much rain as a normal January. And we are not even halfway through the month!!
Well, apparently it's a milder-than-normal winter here, so I reckon next year it will be much colder. I am rarely ever thrilled to not be in Oregon. : ) I love Denver, but it would take a lot to replace Portland as my all-time favorite city.
Wait till you come to San Fran. It might be your new fave. So when are you coming for a visit???? :)
I'm sure SF would rank up there. It's a place I used to want to live (even though I'd never been there), but I knew I could never afford it. It's one of Michael's favorites. We really hope to get there this year; I know he's itching to visit his crew there.
Post a Comment