Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Amen!

"I think it's more important to put Christ back into our war planning than into our Christmas cards." -- the Rev. Bob Edgar, general secretary of the National Council of Churches and a former Democratic congressman from Pennsylvania

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we put christ back, what are we going to do with Buddha and Allah and my favorite Ganga god.

Little Ginger said...

Amen again. I am for ALL the gods getting in on the war planning because, ideally, that would mean no fighting in the first place (which is what I was getting out of the quote). And I am all for "Christmas" but would never presume to wish a merry one to a stranger. I think some people out there (like the creepy Focus on the Family) presume everyone's on their team, and this world just doesn't work that way, thank (insert the deity/supreme being/spiritual leader of your choosing here).