Whew! Since my last post, parenthood has been kicking our butts. Things are finally beginning to settle a bit after a few weeks of sheer madness and trying to learn Lenore's cues and what calms our fussy baby. A few things have been helping as of late; we've begun swaddling again at the end of the night, even though she busts her arms free eventually, and I'm finally getting the hang of the sling, which really seems to calm her.
The biggest news since my last post and in Lenore's short life was a visit by my mom, around Week 2. Since I'm an only child, this makes Lenore my mom's esteemed Only Grandchild. Of course, Mom is thrilled with this turn of events, but her wayward only daughter (me) lives far, far from home, thus depriving Lenore's Mumsy the joys of seeing her OG grow up.So it is up to all you good readers to comment your little hearts out & persuade my mom & stepfather to uproot themselves from everything they know and retire to Oregon. Good luck with that; believe me, I have tried! : )
Heat: You may have heard we had a mini-heat wave the past few days, with temps around 100. We survived; turning on the basement furnace fan and closing up the house during the day helped keep the temperature inside about 20 degrees cooler than outside, and nights cooled off considerably. Today it was 68, and the rest of the week we're looking at 70s and 80s. Sweet!
Hands: I got cortisone shots in both hands a week ago but got no relief for my carpal tunnel (actually, my right hand has improved some, though it's still not back to normal). Unfortunately, that leaves surgery as the only option. I go in Wednesday for pre-op, Friday for surgery and then have a post-op appointment and a couple of physical therapy appointments in a couple of weeks. And that's just for one hand. I'll go through it all again next month for the other hand. Ugh.

5 comments:
Awww, I love the new pics. She is changing so much.
Yes, your mom and John should move to Oregon.
Sorry to hear that you have to have surgery on your hands. My mom had surgery on her thumb last year and did great with it. She recovered quickly and now has full use of her thumb.
Good luck with your surgery. Going through that a having a new baby - wow - what a handful! (Get it) It will allow Daddy a lot of diaper changing bonding moments. Lenore is beautiful. I love her eyes. I have e'd your Mom with quetions on what rent would cost me in South Boston. I could not imagine them not living there. It's so them! Love and hugs........Lynyrd
Oh how beautiful. You can forgive fussy for such a beautiful child. Indiana grandma better get out here for good.
Oregon Grandma
She's beautiful, Angela. I can't wait to meet her.
Wow, that Lenore is some cuteness. I wish I could see her. Oh whale, I'll live with pictures.
For now.
P.S. That stuff about your hands sounds pretty sucky. I hope I don't have anything like that happen to me; between my drumming, pianoing, guitaring, typing, and other such -ings, it's frighteningly plausible.
I hope it goes as smoothly as a baby's bottom.
Post a Comment