Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Measuring up

Lenore had her first pediatrician appointment today and passed with flying colors, aside from a case of thrush. We have a prescription to clear that up. The doctor says her jaundice should clear up soon, and she has regained weight since leaving the hospital (she's up to 7.13 now, in the 50th percentile), thanks to her voracious appetite. She has grown 1/2 inch (19 1/2 inches, 50th percentile), and her little round head is a whopping 14 3/4 inches in circumference (90th percentile). Of course you know what that means -- big brain and lots of smarts!
Today also marked Lenore's first outing into the real world, with a trip to a kids' consignment shop in the neighborhood and coffee and scones at our favorite coffee shop, Lovecup. Later we're heading to the farmers market.

By the way, no relief from the acupuncture; the practitioner says it could take 3 sessions. I have another scheduled for Friday. It was really relaxing, and I fell asleep for about an hour on and off. I'm not yet sold that the treatments will work, though I'm not sold that they won't either.

4 comments:

Ann said...

She is such a cutie! I look at her pic every day on my desk and she warms my heart.

Bevotee said...

Lenore is beautiful, and I've never seen you look so happy and at peace with the world. I'm ridiculously happy for you both (or should I say, all three).

I hope the acupuncture works for you. I'd tell you to take anti-inflams too, but not while you're breastfeeding. So, ice those babies, and if you're feeling adventurous, try ice-heat-ice-heat-ice, 15-20 minutes per.

Marissa said...

Oh, I love pictures of babies and blissful parents (maybe a little tired, too)! And when I get to Portland (someday!) I MUST try that coffee shop - just looking at the cup on-screen makes my mouth water!

Hopefully our big-headed children can meet someday..........

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela, I'm so happy for you and Mike and Lenore. Tell your mom hi for me. Hope to see some updated pictures soon Hope your hand gets better soon.
Love, Becky