Monday, April 14, 2008

Carb overload

I tried posting this entry soon after it happened a couple of weeks ago but was having some Blogger photo issues (excuses, excuses!) and just now got back around to it.

With Stacy & family in Seattle, we now get the chance for jaunts back and forth, so Stacy, Andy, Ada & Harriet popped down for a visit during spring break.

We grabbed dinner at Montage, always a favorite but one we hadn't visited since moving back. The macs (pesto mac, spicy mac, "old" mac, to name a few) never disappoint. Plus, when it comes to leftovers, your food leaves with you in a cleverly wrapped tin foil creation (a duck, a rose, a spaceship, a hammer -- really whatever the server's heart desires and hands can fashion). Unfortunately, once you get it home and open it for reheating, you find that inside the foil, your food has been molded into a congealed blob inside plastic wrap and you wish maybe you'd skipped the leftovers.

For dessert, and a major sugar rush, we stopped at Voodoo Doughnut, where Harriet, left in the photo at right, had an M&M and Ada had a Neapolitan. I had a Crunch Berry, and Michael tried the Portland maple cream, which was considerably smaller than the giant doughnut over his head.

By the way, these photos are from Stacy's iPhone. Pretty good quality, huh? Our camera phone takes pretty crappy pix, but we rarely ever use it for that purpose anyway.

3 comments:

- The M.A.D. Hapa said...

The bar they added next door to Montage has trivia night! I think it's called Le Merde.

I went last time I was in Portland and it was pretty fun. Our team was called Strunk and White's and the Elements of Style (Barry's idea).

We didn't do very well initially (the questions are seriously challenging), but we made a great comeback on the Jenga challenge. In the end we didn't qualify for a prize but got kudos for the best name.

Anonymous said...

The voodoo doughnuts look delicious. I should put that on my bucket list.
Lynyrd

Ann said...

I can't believe you hadn't been back to Montage yet. Yum, I can't wait to eat there when we are there Sept/Oct.