Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So far, so bad


Game 1 of the World Series (the first time I have ever cared) went really crappily. We went to a co-worker's a few blocks away for a party. Lots of drinks & food and between-inning prizes (thus our Rockies caps, though you can't tell Michael is wearing one).

Our Wisconsin friend Barry (a Brewers fan who also loves the Rockies) is confident the Rox will win tomorrow and will take the Series in 6. If tonight was any indication, I am not so hopeful. Not throwing in the towel after one game, but it was a pretty embarrassing loss.

Can you tell from the photos that one of us had more cocktails than the other?!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Curt stopped watching after some point.
What was the final score? Last I heard was 13-1.

little ginger said...

Yep, 13-1. Gruesome.

Anonymous said...

No better excuse to party even though they lost. Better luck next game and another reason to party it up with friends! After close examination and zooming, my guess is Little Ginger had the most cocktails!

Anonymous said...

Oh "little ginger", you always look happy like that....now Michael on the other hand, you know when you have had too much to drink, I mean WAY too much to drink and you realize that you may toss the ol' cookies any second, you get all serious and start to concentrate, hoping to stave off the eventual vomit, that COULD be that look on Michael's face..it could happen.