Thursday, July 05, 2007

Colorado sunset

Playing a bit of catch-up. This is looking out of the window of the rooftop patio of the Buckhorn Exchange, billed as Denver's historic steakhouse. Mom wanted to eat like the Denverites do, so we took her there during her visit last month. She had elk and buffalo. Michael had baby-back ribs. The only "meat" on the menu that I probably would ever order was the salmon, though it didn't appeal to me that particular day, so I had a baked potato and salad. I have to say, they have fantastic ranch dressing, buttermilky just like I like it.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!

barry said...

Colorado presents pitiful lakes and rivers, but sure knows how to deliver a sunset. Nearly every night.

Anonymous said...

Did your mom get to pick her elk off the wall like others pick lobsters? It sounds (and looks) like she had a great visit. -- LEAH