Yep, all those shots are from the backyard. Unfortunately, most of the flowers are gone since it has been snowing off and on, but it's still green, and other plants are blooming. Apparently some people who lived here in the past worked at the botanic gardens and knew what they were doing with the planting. Last year our neighbor's friend Lon helped us get things in shape too. This year we're on our own so will see what we can come up with. I know I'll be planting more herbs, tomatoes and annuals. Our neighbor Lenart made strawberry-rhubarb compote last year from the rhubarb in the yard, and other neighbors made jam from the grapes. Yum!
I lived in the Louisville, Ky., area most of my life; did stints in Salem, Ore.; Albuquerque, N.M.; and Denver, Colo. Now we're in Portland to stay (sorry, Mom).
3 comments:
Nice pix!
Very nice. Are they all taken where you live?
It's not that springy here, either.
(Although Ashland was nice yesterday.)
Yep, all those shots are from the backyard. Unfortunately, most of the flowers are gone since it has been snowing off and on, but it's still green, and other plants are blooming. Apparently some people who lived here in the past worked at the botanic gardens and knew what they were doing with the planting. Last year our neighbor's friend Lon helped us get things in shape too. This year we're on our own so will see what we can come up with. I know I'll be planting more herbs, tomatoes and annuals. Our neighbor Lenart made strawberry-rhubarb compote last year from the rhubarb in the yard, and other neighbors made jam from the grapes. Yum!
Post a Comment