Friday, June 20, 2008

A month to go

My due date is July 19, and since the doctors said they wouldn't let me go much, if at all, beyond that, we're looking at a month or less until Brunhilda's arrival.

The picture is from the baby shower that my friend DeAnn, mother-in-law, Becky, and sister-in-law, Leah, threw a couple of weeks ago. Leah made the clever dessert topper. She also made us a ton of onesies with iron-on transfers, including one with the same Little Ginger photo and one with a pic of niece Rebecca. All my grand DIY plans for baby stuff went out the window a long time ago, so good thing Brunhilda has Aunt Leah on hand for some creativity!

Speaking of "on hand," both of mine are kept in wrist guards pretty much round-the-clock these days, thanks to pregnancy-related carpal tunnel syndrome. Supposedly it will go away within a couple of weeks after delivery. That means potentially six more weeks of tingly, stiff, sore fingers since the braces don't relieve all the symptoms.

Otherwise just dealing with the general discomfort of weight gain and trying to find a comfortable sleeping position. Today I woke up, wide awake, a little after 5 a.m. and did some reading until I could go back to sleep a few hours later. For the past few months, I have been used to waking up every few hours for bathroom breaks, but generally I can sleep in until at least 8 or 9. Guess it's good training for all the sleep deprivation to come!

Michael has almost finished getting the baby furniture together, so I'll post some photos once it's fully looking like a nursery.

And I know my blogging has been pretty spotty lately; I imagine it will get only more so, though once Brunhilda's here, I bet she will get lots of airtime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have wondered about your job also so thanks for posting this.
Janet