Saturday, January 05, 2008

Out and about

"Mister blue sky, please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long"

Michael and I took a rare break from the rain to walk the dogs at the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden a couple of miles away. As much as we pined for Portland weather while living in drier environs, it's definitely been an adjustment to up and leave a city with 300+ days of sunshine and arrive just as rainy season here is getting into swing.

The park was gorgeous and a pleasant walk; I'm excited to see it in all its springtime glory, when Michael says it will be filled with blooming rhododendrons and azaleas.

There were lots of ducks and geese in the ponds, and this curious bird was standing nearby. For lack of a better idea, I deemed it a turducken for its turkey face and duck body, even though I know turducken's a dish and not an animal.

3 comments:

Kitt said...

Wow! It's so green there!

We had a foot of snow last Thursday, and today it was 60. Water, water everywhere, but not a hint of green ... yet.

Miss you!

Brian Deka said...

Whoa. Kudos for the ELO reference.

Anonymous said...

wait you don't live in Denver anymore? Mother@#$%@@#.
I hate you. Personally.