Sunday, June 03, 2007

Special delivery


My friends Brigette and Dave stopped through Denver last night on their way to Yellowstone from Indiana. Mom was having my little-kid rocking chair refinished, and Brigette graciously agreed to bring it with them on their cross-country trip.
Mom also sent along a couple of my baby blankets, including this animal quilt. She included a note saying, "I painted the blocks and Grandma hand pieced and quilted it." (Grandma being my grandma, Mom's mom.) Either I never knew this or had forgotten, but it will make it all the more special to have for our own kid.
I remember, as a kid, always having these fabric paints around the house. Mom said she thinks the company was called Artex, and they held home parties where you could buy paints, patterns and caddies. I still have lots of vintage tea towels made with similar paints. I found a company online called Tri Chem that seems to still manufacture them.
Brigette brought us a sweet little quilt too, made by little old ladies, she said. So our forthcoming Sagittarius is well on his/her way to winter warmth!

5 comments:

Kitt said...

That's so sweet!

Ann said...

Awww, too sweet.
That is so cool.
A couple of years ago my mom gave me the rocking chair she had for me as a baby and my brother.
When she gave it to me she said, I was waiting until you had a baby. But you can have it now.
HA!

Anonymous said...

And there is a yellow and green blanket Aunt Sue made for Michael on it's way.

AnnieL said...

Thank goodness you finally came out about the baby on the blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Mal

Kitt said...

Ooh, there's a good idea for a logo ... one of those yellow signs like you see in cars: "BABY ON BLOG"