Thursday, February 01, 2007

Same old, same cold


I marked last week's snow No. 6 with Lemon Zucchini Muffins from King Arthur. Yesterday was snow No. 7 in seven weeks, and it's currently snowing again. Even worse, according to the newspaper: Denver has now had 42 consecutive days of snow cover, putting this winter fifth in the record books. To break the record, the snow will have to remain on the ground until Feb. 22, which would be 64 consecutive days. The record of 63 days was set during the 1983-84 winter.


Sigh. I must say the snow coupled with bitter cold is getting majorly depressing. Enough already!

Michael and I picked up another cool baking book at a local used store where we have credit.



We haven't made anything from the Betty Crocker circa 1963 yet, but we will. The pictures are alone were worth the price. I also see where Amy Sedaris got some of her food-styling inspiration for her fab entertaing book, "I Like You."

Meanwhile, speaking of baking, go to my California friend Michael's designer-cupcake site, Em Editables.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I want one! Way cool cooky book.